"What favorite moments are you looking forward to bringing to life on the small screen on the next season of ‘Game of Thrones’?"
because you’re a lannister: probably the contents of tywin’s ipod.
the rains of castamere - the national | rains of castamere - malukah | the rains of castamere - karliene | the rains of castamere (dronelife cover) - irisarri | the rains of castamere (red wedding edition) (cover) - dan becker | the rains of castamere - major revan | the rains of castamere - alannamatty | father figure - george michael
"Why, it’s just a song. He can’t have that bad a voice."
Lannister Happy Endings: AU in which all Lannisters are getting along great. Saturdaynight is family night and they all drink expensive Dornish wine and play games. Of course everyone cheats. Tyrion is the only one who bothers to read the instructions. Cersei is suspicious everyone is plotting against her. Jaime had no idea what he’s doing and just trolls the entire game. Myrcella outsmarts Tywin and Tommen just falls asleep dreaming about kittens. AND THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER.
Firelight gleamed golden in the stiff whiskers that framed Lord Tywin’s face. A vein pulsed in his neck, but he did not speak. And did not speak. And did not speak.
The strained silence went on until it was more than Jaime could endure. ‘Father…’ he began.
‘You are not my son.’ Lord Tywin turned his face away. ‘You say you are the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, and only that. Very well, ser. Go do your duty.’
Jonquil, flowers in her hair
Okay. Reasons that this scene is the best thing ever include but are by no means limited to:
- how well Maisie Williams is holding her own here, I mean here she is playing against this amazing veteran actor and she’s just bringing it
- the way this is like her fucked-up revenge fantasy of what she wishes her brother could do to the Lannisters
- but she’s already disillusioned enough to know it’s a fantasy
- because “anyone can be killed” is an implicit threat to Tywin but it’s also an acknowledgement of the fact that she or Robb or anyone else can bite it at any time
- (because apparently Arya has already read ASOIAF and knows how fucked they all are)
- and let’s talk about the fact that this kid just threatened Tywin Lannister
- TYWIN FUCKING LANNISTER
- whose own kids can barely look him in the face when they’re talking to him
- his kids who are grownups and have killed kings and won battles and run kingdoms are terrified of him
- and he looks at Arya and thinks “why aren’t my kids awesome like you”
- “you’re like five years old and you just threatened me, you little badass”
- (‘cause don’t think for a second that Tywin doesn’t get the subtext here)
- “why do my children have to be such cringing little asshats”
- (but of course Tywin is the one who made them into cringing little asshats.)
Sansa fed a piece of bacon to Lady under the table. The direwolf took it from her hand, as delicate as a queen.
Septa Mordane sniffed in disapproval. “A noble lady does not feed dogs at her table.”
→ a game of thrones
“Barristan Selmy lent honor to any man he served. Can anyone say the same of the Hound? You feed your dog bones under the table, you do not seat him beside you on the high bench.”
— tywin lannister → a game of thrones